Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

sold my 2012 off this morning

Old May 24th, 2012, 11:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sold my 2012 off this morning

so it is a sad day but i had to sale my truck. we have had it for 3 months and it's only gone to weeks between dealer visits for problems. so to day i had a kid give me a call from my listing. when he showed up he had a cashers check for all i owed - my $4000 down i payed. so this truck cost me $4000 to drive it three months and who knows how much it cost me with loosing out on work! so tonight/tomorrow ill be getting my new truck!
YA
i have to say every sense my 02 1500, Chevy has been drooping down in the quality of there stuff! my 02 was OK but felt old and tired after just 3 years of DD and it never missed a service. the 05 i got to replace got totaled and then the 07 just blew up on me at 35,000 then trans went out at 48k. so i got the 12 and every thing from the radio making a hi pitched sound, steering pump went, out trans leaks, rear end gear sheered off, power seat came off the tracks, satellite radio antenna leaks and put a big brown stain on head liner,tow bed dolts missing from factory, have lead me to sale it. after 20 years of loyal ownership of bow ties i think i am done. so i bought a ford f-150 eco boost crew cab fx4 4x4 we will see its coming up from so cal today and will be ready for pick up tonight or tomorrow after dealer cleans it and tops off every thing. ill post up pics when i have it. man i have thought hard about this and hope my new ford truck is better than my last 3 chevy trucks!
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:13 AM
CF Beginner

PS thanks to all who help me out with different things i have need help with!
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:24 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No one cares wjhat Ford does for you you left GM be gone find a found on road dead site
best of luck call us if u need a tow
Old June 6th, 2012, 7:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default Lol!

Originally Posted by Doug Roberts
No one cares wjhat Ford does for you you left GM be gone find a found on road dead site
best of luck call us if u need a tow
Now,THAT'S funny!
Old June 6th, 2012, 9:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard a lot of bad thing about those Eco boosts
Old June 6th, 2012, 11:15 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Bad Bow ties

Hello Bowtie4j,

I feel your pain about a product not giving you good service. I now drive a 2011 Silverado.

I had a 2001 GMC before. This was and is still a good truck. My daughter has it now.

I had driven Fords for several years and bought a new 1994 F-150, had to file lemon law on it. Got a new 1995 and it had some of the same problems, but I final get it straighten out. Kept it for about 75000 miles, them got the 2001 GMC.

The 2011 is okay, but gas milage in not so hot and I'm 6'2"" and its a stretch to get into.

Good luck on your new Ford truck.

Old June 8th, 2012, 11:55 AM
CF Beginner

As with every manufacturer, there are long lasting dependable ones, and those that just drive you crazy!!! Good luck with the ford... i just got rid of mine for a new Chevy!
Old June 9th, 2012, 10:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default Bad Silverado??

With so many on the road and so many people I know that own Silverados it's hard for me to believe that yours was so bad. The Ecco Boost is a great truck but I decided after much test driving and review that the EC will not give you any better gas mileage unless you go with the 3.31 rear. The F150 is a better looking truck. Interior is much more polished.

GoFigure
Old June 11th, 2012, 9:35 PM
CF Active Member

Well, I went with a another Silverado vs the Ford. But the Ford was impressive. I hope you enjoy the new truck. Irregardless of what other people think, you are the one that is paying 40k+ for a truck so buy what you think will make you happy.

The only major problem I have read (again I was really looking at the fords as well) regarding the ecoboost is it has a vibration / shuttering at low speeds 5-15mph while towing a decent load. So just check the new truck (ie hook your trailer to it) to make sure the new truck does not have this problem. Apparently it is a fairly common complaint and Ford doesn't have a functional fix yet.

Again, I hope the new truck works out for you and I'm sure Chevy will come out with it's own version of the torquey v-6.

Eric