Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Multiple Issues

Search this Thread

Old July 1st, 2012, 6:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Multiple Issues

So I'm having a few issues I can't seem to resolve I would like some help on. Answer the ones you might know. Sorry for the messy post.

I have an 2004 chevy silverad 1500 regular cab 4x4 base model with 5-speed. vortec v-6 = (ignition is junk, imo at least)

1. Had clutch master cylinder and slave replaced. Now the clutch must be mashed super hard all the way into the floor to disengage the clutch. Too thick of a clutch maybe?

2. My drivers side door speaker doesn't work. Replaced the factory radio thinking that was the issue and now the speaker still doesn’t work nor does the after market chime box. I have no idea here. It worked on a previous install just fine.

3. My oil gauge is pegged out to the max sending unit tested good. Replace the entire gauge cluster to fix I assume? Will a junk yard one work or should i have it rebuilt.

4. The charge/or battery light comes on with the truck completely off, somtimes is really dim, sometimes it flickers, and some times its on full bright. I'm at a loss here as well everything seems to work fine it starts and runs very well.

Google hasn't given me any solutions to these issues as of this time. Thanks for your help and I'm really sorry for the multiple questions. Thought it would be better than four separate threads.
Old July 1st, 2012, 7:07 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by jpin321
So I'm having a few issues I can't seem to resolve I would like some help on. Answer the ones you might know. Sorry for the messy post.

I have an 2004 chevy silverad 1500 regular cab 4x4 base model with 5-speed. vortec v-6 = (ignition is junk, imo at least)

1. Had clutch master cylinder and slave replaced. Now the clutch must be mashed super hard all the way into the floor to disengage the clutch. Too thick of a clutch maybe?
Ok a half ton with hydraulic clutch? Did you bleed the slave cylinder?

2. My drivers side door speaker doesn't work. Replaced the factory radio thinking that was the issue and now the speaker still doesn’t work nor does the after market chime box. I have no idea here. It worked on a previous install just fine.
Could it be the speaker?

3. My oil gauge is pegged out to the max sending unit tested good. Replace the entire gauge cluster to fix I assume? Will a junk yard one work or should i have it rebuilt.
Nope. Replace it

4. The charge/or battery light comes on with the truck completely off, somtimes is really dim, sometimes it flickers, and some times its on full bright. I'm at a loss here as well everything seems to work fine it starts and runs very well.
Check the parasitic drain on the system when off, should be very low milliamps.

Google hasn't given me any solutions to these issues as of this time. Thanks for your help and I'm really sorry for the multiple questions. Thought it would be better than four separate threads.
there you go
Old July 1st, 2012, 7:23 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
there you go
thanks for the reply....

1. yea i bled the system multiple times thinking that was the issue. I even replaced the master cylinder a second time thinking it was bad. my mechanic (mainly works on jeeps) but is a very good mechanic have used him for years on the stuff i won't couldn't do. He couldn't get the pedal to come up either. He suggested stealership but im not excited about that at all.

2. I haven't checked the speaker thats my next thing gonna do that Tuesday, still doesn't explain why the chime box wont work as well. Or maybe they are connected still some how.

3. Ok, ill start looking for a replacement, will a junk yard cluster work?

4. How/where should i check this draw?
Old July 1st, 2012, 8:33 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Ok, bleed the slave cylunder again, thaat is your major issue.
Old July 1st, 2012, 8:41 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
Ok, bleed the slave cylunder again, thaat is your major issue.
How much bleeding should it take, ive bled it my mechanic has bled it over and over and it doesn't seem to make any difference. It doesn't feel spongy or anything in fact it is really hard to push. I used to drive a ton dump truck a few years back that had a easier to push clutch.

Is there something I'm doing wrong while im bleeding it? I've been doing it the same as I do brakes.
Old July 1st, 2012, 9:18 PM
CF Beginner

anyone? If I'm bleeding this system wrong please let me know. I've read other forum post that say some of these systems should be gravity bled. Does this apply to the 2004 model? I wondering if the reason it isn't getting fixed is because ive been bleeding it the same as I do brakes. I worried if I keep cramming it into gear im gonna wreck this transmission.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 5:03 PM
CF Beginner

bump..