Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2012 Silverado LTZ...few questions

Search this Thread

Old January 11th, 2012, 1:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Silverado LTZ...few questions

So i'm new to the forums, and am currently awaiting my 2012 silverado LTZ to be delivered by boat to me up here in alaska. I bought in in Las Vegas while i was on vacation, so I was able to have a few things done before it got shipped out

Name:  IMG081.jpg
Views: 2734
Size:  129.8 KB
Name:  IMG077.jpg
Views: 1238
Size:  128.8 KB
Name:  IMG079.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  54.3 KB
Name:  IMG080.jpg
Views: 1059
Size:  121.6 KB
Name:  IMG078.jpg
Views: 1040
Size:  70.1 KB
Name:  IMG082.jpg
Views: 3159
Size:  69.6 KB

2012 Silverado LTZ
Imperial Metallic Blue
Sunroof, Navi, Leather, loaded

-Tint
-cat back flowmaster kit
-Volant CAI
-Color Matched Line-X bed liner
-two kicker 12's w/800watt amp under the rear seats

since its on its way to Kodiak Alaska, and well we have no emissions up here, I do plan on eventually getting real dual exhaust and ditching the cat.

I'm looking for advice on three things that i want to get ordered before it arrives....
1. Seatcovers....im looking for something that fits the best, and is ideally plush....its fricking cold up here and i need some good protection for the factory leathers; and I dont want to spend $1000 for them

2. OBD2 Bluetooth adapter....i wanna be able to connect my android phone to my truck and read the obd2 stats. Can anyone comment on which adapter is the best? how about where the OBD2 port is located on a 2012 silverado?

3.GM Lockpick....whats the general concensus on the GEN6? I wouldnt mind being able to add a front view camera, as well as enable the GPS/DVD features while driving...but I dont want to jepordize the electrical system on my brand new truck....

Last edited by alaskan84; January 11th, 2012 at 1:41 PM.
Old January 11th, 2012, 2:38 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

if your going to do any towing I would do a side exit exhaust on the dual exhaust, don't want to be sucking up any exhaust fumes while hooking up a trailer, nice truck, what was the final price on that baby, if you don't mind me asking, matt
Old January 11th, 2012, 2:49 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the reply Gray...i'm really not a fan of the side exit exhaust but I do get what you mean with the fumes. I dont honestly plan on towing much....maybe the occasional weekend 4 wheeler trip. I got this truck the same time as my dad purchased a new 2500HD. I know mine was $300 over the dealer invoice price, not sticker. without doublechecking my paperwork i believe it was right around $43,000
Old January 11th, 2012, 3:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not a fan of the rolled tips, i'm more of a slanted tip at a 45 degree angle out back kinda guy, but overall, the truck looks good. I love that dark blue color and the black interior.

as for seatcovers, check out katskinz. they may have what you're lookin for
Old January 11th, 2012, 4:07 PM
CF Beginner

Honestly country_09, my tips are disgusting. I called the shop and changed the exahust order last minute, and didnt have a chance to go back and pick out new tips. I said i just wanted straight tips out the back. What you see is what i ended up with. Once it gets to alaska and I can redo the exhaust, it'll be 3 inch with straight cut tips as I do not like the rolled look either.
I looked high and low for that dark blue, its actually got a ton of metallic flake in it and during the day just sparkles
I'll check out those seatcovers, thanks man
Old January 12th, 2012, 10:44 AM
CF Beginner

anyone using a bluetooth obd2 adapter, or the GM lockpick on their new trucks?
Old January 12th, 2012, 10:49 AM
CF Beginner

damn, katskinz looks nice but it'd be almost 2 grand just to cover my fronts and backs and thats a bit more than i was looking to spend on covers.
Old January 12th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, they're pricey. but supposedly the best covers you can get. If you were lookin to get some camo seat covers, i know where those are found for 500-600 for the whole truck lol
Old January 12th, 2012, 12:44 PM
CF Beginner

yeah they are pretty nice, i've katskinz leather wrapped steering wheels before and they were gorgeous. Although i am an alaskan, and i love to hunt and fish, I'm not into camo'ing out my new truck

how about shearcomfort.com ?

I'm thinking that sheepskin would be the ultimate plush feel during those cold winter mornings. They have custom tailored sheepskin seat covers for $495 fronts and $495 backs.
Old January 12th, 2012, 2:37 PM
Super Moderator

lol i'm orderin the front and back camo seats for my truck so i thought it'd be a suggestion, as i'm in texas and love to hunt and fish as well...the sheepskin doesn't sound bad, I wonder if it'd have the frozen feel in the mornin after one of y'alls cold nights?

Quick Reply: 2012 Silverado LTZ...few questions