Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Stupid Question

Old February 27th, 2012, 5:10 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Question

Where is my radiator cap 06 Chevy crew 5.3
Old February 27th, 2012, 6:00 PM
CF Active Member

Anyone
Old February 27th, 2012, 6:11 PM
CF Senior Member

haha been there wondering the same thing. The radiator is completely sealed off until you get to the coolant jug. You have all the lines for the transmission cooler and water pump and what not, but for some reason it's not like any other radiator that I've seen, only on chevy that i guess the answer to your radiator cap would be the coolant jug. Hope this helps and reply back if you need more help.
Old February 27th, 2012, 6:37 PM
CF Beginner

Cap in on the overflow tank
Old February 28th, 2012, 8:19 AM
CF Active Member

I feel like there might be air in the system in the upper hose. I kinda hear something from inside the truck I was wanting to check level and try to get that air out the upper hose if that's the case
Old March 2nd, 2012, 8:00 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Christopher Krumholt,

Check pages 5-40 through 5-45 of the owner's manual. For your convenience, a digital copy of the manual is available at: http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/ow...-Silverado.pdf

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 2nd, 2012, 8:58 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Fishinfooleric10@aol.com
haha been there wondering the same thing. The radiator is completely sealed off until you get to the coolant jug. You have all the lines for the transmission cooler and water pump and what not, but for some reason it's not like any other radiator that I've seen, only on chevy that i guess the answer to your radiator cap would be the coolant jug. Hope this helps and reply back if you need more help.
a lot of manufacturers have switched over to the pressurized coolant reservoir