Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Temperature Control Module Swap

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2014, 2:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temperature Control Module Swap

Hey guys, first time poster here so go easy on me if I have actually over-looked a thread that covers this topic already...

I have a 2008 Silverado 1500 with the dual climate control/digital temperature control module, it has been a great module so far but occasionally it refuses to work. I have had it checked out by a GM dealership and they told me the module itself is dying, and will need to get replaced. (I replaced/checked the fuses, and tried other troubleshooting ideas and came up short).

I am wanting to replace my module with a different one that is not original, but the **** one that comes in base Silverado's and the GM Sierra, everywhere I go it says that it will be a direct swap without any issues, but the **** controllers don't have dual climate control, will this cause issues in the installation/workings of a knobbed temp. control module? Is there any way around this? The reason I want to switch is I really don't care for the digital controller anymore, but will man up and buy a direct replacement if it is the only way to get this module working right again.

Thanks in advance,

John