Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Trailer lights

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2007, 9:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer lights

Bought a new 2008 Chevy Silverado. I finally got to hook up the bass boat and go fishing. Did the usal thing of getting up before the chickens to head out. It is very dark outside. I cranked the truck up. The truck lights came on. I then noticed my trailer lights weren't working. I turned on the turn signals. The truck signals worked and so did the trailer. I stepped on the brake lights. The brake lights on my truck worked and so did the trailer. When I turned off the turn signals or footmy foot off of the brake, the lights on the trailer went off. I have two boats, so I hooked up the trailer lights to it. It does the same thing.

It's like the truck lighting system is not recognzing that the lights to the trailer need to be on continuosly.It's working like it would if it was daylight outside with only the brake lights and signals visible when you use them.

This is also strange. I looked at the fuse box under the hood, There is a Daytime Running Lamp and a Daytime Running Lamp 2 slot in the fuse box. There are no fuses in them and don't even appear to have any electrical terminals connections in those slots. Is that right???

Yes, this truck is certainly under warranty. If I don't get my trailer lights fixedthrough reader's advice, I'll take it to my dealer.

Thanks in advance,
Rayzor
Old October 29th, 2007, 10:42 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Trailer lights

curious...if it was dark outside did you actually turn your lights on.....the truck lights will come on automatically, like they are supposed to do, but the trailer lights wont, they are not on a sensor like the truck lights....not sure on this one but chekc it out..
Old November 5th, 2007, 7:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trailer lights

It was a fuse.......