Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Truck bogs down and stutters

Old October 17th, 2010, 6:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Truck bogs down and stutters

When I first start up the truck in the morning or after it's been sitting for an hr, if I go to take off the truck doesn't seem to want to go and if I give it more gas, it simply doesn't go. If I let of the gas a little, it seems to "breath" easier and go but anytime I give it pressure to really go....it bogs down. Someone told me it might be the mass flow sensor. ??
Also, once the truck is warmed up and I'm about to go in a 55 zone, when I give it gas, right around 50 mph, it starts stuttering and shaking the truck. At first I thought it was the tranny but it doesn't do it all the time. Could it be fuel related? I know that these trucks have a lot of tranny issues from what I've read. If I floor getting onto the interstate, when if finally goes into the passing gear, it get a "screaching" sound from the tranny.....like the torque converter. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by MarlinBrad; October 21st, 2010 at 7:14 AM.