Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

95 silverado problems.

Old November 10th, 2009, 9:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 silverado problems.

ok we've had this truck forever its pretty much a family heirloom its been well maintained and cleaned and washed weekly, and a weekly inspection is done. yea like i said its like a gold time peice for the family, anyway long story short we noticed the driver side interior handle was getting harder and harder to pull to open my wife decided she would try to fix it she ended up playing with the locking mechinism and after that the interior handle is just hanging there like someone just snapped it off. ive never had to take one of these door panels apart, i only got as far as getting down to the huge black metel plate that looked intimidating to me so any step by step would be greatly appreciated
Old November 10th, 2009, 6:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, take the panel off. Then you should be able to slide the handle/lock to the right or left and should pop off. Then take the metal rods apart from the old lock. You will have to buy a new interior handle/lock.