Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Turn signal issue '02 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2008, 1:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal issue '02 Tahoe

Last week I started to have a problem with the turn signal in my 2002 Tahoe Z71. All of the lights would flash rapidly, and the side I was activating would burn the brightest. The rear Cyclops light also flashed. Immediately I replaced the flasher under the dash, that didn't work. Armed with a lot of information, I decided to order a new turn signal and install it. THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER!! After some addition trouble shooting, I discovered that the problem ONLY happens when the parking lights (or headlights) are on. That is even weirder!! I have removed EVERY relay and fuse related to those lights. It doesn't fix it. Although... when I removed the fuses for the front parking lights, the problem slowed and seemed better. Then I removed the rear parking lights, that ALMOST made it stop, but there was still a faint flashing of the other turn signal flashers on the opposite side. PLEASE HELP!!!
Old January 19th, 2008, 9:51 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Turn signal issue '02 Tahoe

Sounds like a bad ground with one or more of your bulbs. could also be an issue with the sockets causing a poor connection with the bulb
Old January 20th, 2008, 2:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turn signal issue '02 Tahoe

Yes... lots of suggestions pointing to that. That is my project tomorrow. I will pull each bulb out one at a time to see of that is it. Thanks! Steve