Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Upgrades for 2010 2500?

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2012, 5:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrades for 2010 2500?

I just got '10 2500 Ext cab Silverado.

Sweet ride I must add whoever ordered this put some nice stuff on it. Heavy hitch, metal-like handles, bucket seats, dark tint, trailer brakes etc.

Looking for some easy, cheap or hard and expensive upgrades to do.

Exaust for instance, Borla, Flowmaster etc. Is one better than the other for horsepower and fuel economy? Intake, K&N or something else?

What about trim options. I do not have step bars or window air deflectors. I would be interested in those as well.

Sorry this is a big open question but just wondering what you like and what you have done to your 2010 era truck to make it "YOURS" and maybe even more powerful at the same time.

Thanks,
Dono
Old April 5th, 2012, 7:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take it it's a 6.0 gasser? I wouldn't do flow master personally, worse than the stock exhaust IMO. I really like the dynomax bullets or even a straight through magma flow. Intake wise i'd drop in a dry filter an do the airaide MIT tube and leave the stock box. I wouldn't do step bars or window deflectors, just me though. But if you want get the 6" oval steps from gm. Best lookin IMO over the aftermarkets.

To make my truck mine, I took all the molding and stickers off the truck, so it has a clean look to it an nothin to chop it up. Lifted it, bigger tires, rims, tow mirrors, painted some pieces, bullet grille, painted emblems, clear corner lights. Just a bunch of stuff lol. It's my money pit