Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Vibration when braking, truck has 3500miles

Old June 23rd, 2013, 8:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration when braking, truck has 3500miles

Bought my 2013 Silverado 1500 all-star package 4x4 extended cab and almost since day one I've had a vibration like the rotors were warped when I hit the brakes, well long story short as I can make it, I was gonna wait till the first oil change to have them look at it but I went to buy more gingerbread for the truck I asked the service dept. and they made me feel like Chevy wont do anything about it, they said they would cut them but they would just warp faster, im not even sure that is what it is, how hard would you have to run a truck to have the rotors warp off the lot? I hope this isn't what I have to look forward to till I get it paid off
Old June 24th, 2013, 1:40 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by rob06
Bought my 2013 Silverado 1500 all-star package 4x4 extended cab and almost since day one I've had a vibration like the rotors were warped when I hit the brakes, well long story short as I can make it, I was gonna wait till the first oil change to have them look at it but I went to buy more gingerbread for the truck I asked the service dept. and they made me feel like Chevy wont do anything about it, they said they would cut them but they would just warp faster, im not even sure that is what it is, how hard would you have to run a truck to have the rotors warp off the lot? I hope this isn't what I have to look forward to till I get it paid off

Bring it in , DEMAND to see a manager and get your warranty to take care of it. DO not do anything yourself . Ask for a complete new brake assembly and be done with it.
Old June 24th, 2013, 8:39 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey rob06,

So sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your new vehicle. Definitely take it back into the dealership and have any repairs covered under your warranty. If you need any assistance with this matter please let us know. Best of luck.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 24th, 2013, 3:03 PM
CF Beginner

their gonna take a look at it this Saturday, but their talking like they might cut my rotors...cut my rotors? its a new truck, how about replace them, I love my truck but this isn't how I seen this turning out, they can do what the warranty calls for but f they cut my rotors on my new truck with 3500 miles on it im replacing the rotors and brakes with after market
Old June 24th, 2013, 3:40 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rob06
their gonna take a look at it this Saturday, but their talking like they might cut my rotors...cut my rotors? its a new truck, how about replace them, I love my truck but this isn't how I seen this turning out, they can do what the warranty calls for but f they cut my rotors on my new truck with 3500 miles on it im replacing the rotors and brakes with after market

DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO SIMPLY TURN YOUR ROTORS.

demand new and proof.

sounds like a shady dealership.

under no circumstances should you have a truck drive off the lot with warped rotors. Hold them to that.
Old June 29th, 2013, 11:23 PM
CF Beginner

I was told today that was normal for a Chevy when the rotors heat up, but when I need new rotors get slotted and drilled, they don't heat up as fast, I guess ill put up with it for as long as I can then aftermarket I go, such a shame