Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Weak 350

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2006, 1:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weak 350

Well maybee not too weak.I have an 85 C10 Scotsdale I've just bought with a 350 bored.30 over 20K on rebuild performer intake holly carb headers and a dual exhaust,but I just don't think it has the power it should.

I'm changing the exhaust from 2" to 3" this week and I'll be changing the plugs this week also but I don't think either is the real problem.
Old January 27th, 2006, 10:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Weak 350

I thought I'd post an update.I have a holly 750 double pumper.I did some checking on this localy and the couple of car guys i talked to said to throw away the holly and buy an eddlebrock.ANY WAY i STOPED BY A LOCAL MECHANIC AND IN ABOUT 10-20 SECONDS HE HAD IT IDLEING BETTER JUST BY THE ADJUSTMENT SCREWS then he had be put it in gear iddleing and just another small adjustment and whalla ran quite a bit better "sorry bout the caps mis type"

The major problem i was haveing was a throttle cable it was unraveling at the pedal I noticed when the throttle stuck open just after leaving the mechanic.This is what they call driving excitment. but the way the cable was worn it never went to full throttle just barley opened the four barrel. Once I put the new cable on it was a whole new story it had realy good power.

There is now an issue with idle before there wasen't other than too rich.I think the trouble is that the carb was tuned with the bad cable wich was part open throttle,but i plan on having this retuned unless i play with it for a while myself.And I plan to have the timing checked and I'll be putting in new spark plugs tomorow hopfully.

I plan on a dual 3" exhaust from the header's back whenever the parts get here.......if i ordered everything right hopfuly the weak 350 will soon be a push you back in the seat beast or as much as possible with 35" mud slingers
Old February 4th, 2006, 2:42 AM
CF Beginner

Hmm no responses....did I post in the wrong place? any way I still can't get the power out of the truck I think it should have next on the agenda is new plug wires"I don't think it realy has to have them yet" and the exhaust is in the mail well part of it's here already 3" all the way with flowmaster 40 series.. And timing I've yet to find somone to check my timing or learn how to do it myself...I'm guessing there's slightly too much advance on it...and I'll also be attempting to rebuild a carburator and maybee polish it up a little..... Suggestions are welcome especialy from anyone who knows old small blocks
Old February 8th, 2006, 8:22 PM
CF Beginner

I got the Carb rebuild kit in today....I think It'll be going to somone else to do it would take me so long to do figuring it out along the way it just wouldn't be worth my time if I ever got it done at all.

I've goten my exhaust peices in and it's pretty much ready to be put on I just need time to get it into the shop now