Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Wheel size and tire options

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2013, 1:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel size and tire options

I recently purchased an 09 crew cab Z71 with some rims on it that the previous owner put on there. They are 20's. I am going to put the 2.5 inch leveling lift kit on the truck by rough country and I am wondering what tire I am going to be able to put on the rims for off road as I live in Alaska for the next few years and I am a hunter and tend to drive more on dirt roads and rocks when I go out. I am looking into getting new wheels as well, but for now, I am looking for the tires for the rims on it currently. Trust me, the wheels on it are not in my personal spectrum of personality for this truck. Any information will help.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 2:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you know what brand they are? Pics would really help in this situation. Normally on a leveled nnbs 1500 you can do a 295/55/20 pretty comfortably. But that also depends on rim specs as well
Old December 5th, 2013, 2:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are MB motoring 20" razors according to the websites that I have looked on. I am looking for perhaps an 18" rim now if I can find better ones. I am new to trying to find wheels for trucks as I have had muscle cars in the past and it was much easier to find and purchase at great prices. I am limited to the wheel selection up here in Alaska as most dealers don't ship up here or the dealerships up here won't order outside what they offer. The tires that are on right now are 295/55/20's. Going to need to find tires here before the summer ends for next winter. And if you have ever been up here, the summer is not that long.
Old December 7th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you know the rim specs for the ones you're lookin at? that'd tell you what size tire to look for