Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 22nd, 2015, 1:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Where To Mount an Air Bag Compressor???

Search this Thread

Old June 20th, 2011, 1:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where To Mount an Air Bag Compressor???

I Have an 07 New body style 1500 silverado with 100,000 miles that I have just recently purchased last year. Right after I bought the truck I installed a leveling lift and bigger tires. I have been doing a lot of towing and hauling lately and I am convinced the leaf springs are somewhat warn out because I put hardly any weight in it and its been sagging to much. So I Just bought some firestone airbags and an air compressor system w/o a tank and just wondering if anybody has ever installed an air bag system with a compressor. there is a perfect spot under the hood where there is a 2nd battery tray option for my truck that is empty but I am concerned about weather the engine heat would effect the life of the compressor. Any idea would be very helpful thanks!

If anyone would like to check out the air bag system I bought here are the links
Chevy Silverado Firestone Air Bags 2007-2011 - (# 2430) Suspension Air Bag Helper Springs

and the compressor system
"Load Controller I" Air Compressor Kit by Air Lift (Single Gauge) #25655
Old August 26th, 2012, 8:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think under the hood would be just fine for the compressor, my father inlaw had a exhaust brake system put on his 05 3500 duramax and they mounted the compressor under the hood and it works just fine and it has been installed for 4 years, he also tied into this compressor for the supply air to his airbags with the control valve/switch/gauge mounted inside the center console between the two front seats. Hopefully this helps you.