Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2008 silverado o2 and heated o2 not ready. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2016, 1:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 silverado o2 and heated o2 not ready. Please help!

I'm at wits end here. Ive searched google for hours and hours (literally) with no real help or luck. I've found similar situations, but not the same as mine.
Backstory:
In October I noticed a misfire on cyl 4. Changed plugs and wires. Still misfire on cyl 4. Moved modules and injectors around. Still misfiring. Turns out it was the garbage afm/dod lifters/cam acting up. Replaced the cam and lifters with non-dod parts. Retuned the engine.

Current problem:
All is running great....until I tried to get it inspected (NY). Everything is ready except o2, heated o2, and evap. I've driven it almost a month now and put many miles on it. Highway, city, idle, etc. I did the GM drive cycle a few times. I scan it every day hoping it will go ready on me. Nothing. No codes. O2 shows proper voltage. Everyone I talk (including a chevy mechanic) says to keep driving it. I'm past my inspection, I don't want to chance driving it anymore. Is this a common problem after afm/dod delete? Should I replace all 4 sensors ($50 each) even though they aren't throwing codes and showing voltage? Someone please point me in the right direction!
2008 silverado lt
5.3 vortec
175,000 miles

Last edited by Schmankster; January 23rd, 2016 at 7:06 AM. Reason: More info
Old January 23rd, 2016, 12:52 PM
CF Veteran

what are you scanning it with? sometimes the low end readers/scanners don't pick up everything
Old January 23rd, 2016, 4:41 PM
CF Beginner

I'm using my friends actron scanner. He said he paid like 350 for it. It's showing not ready at emissions place as well