Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

wheres my pcv valve

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2009, 9:02 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheres my pcv valve

ok now this is starting to make me feel insufficent... i cannot find my PCV valve on my truck.. 99 silverado 5.3 i have taken the entire manifold off my truck, to fix gasket leak and was going to replace PCV valve... low end behold i cannot find it... the PCV Hose is going from the valve cover to the throttle body and that is the story no valve inline no port to put valve nothing. the book says 99-01 i should have a hose coming from my driver side cover and the valve will fit inside the valve cover. no hose, no port, no nothing. and the 2002 and on have it in the manifold. i am stumped. has any one ran into this problem
Old February 2nd, 2009, 9:15 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

pretty sure its in the intake manifold. you should be able to turn the cap and pull straight up to get it out

Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:11 AM
CF Junior Member

that would be the diagram for the v6... mine is 5.3 v8 i have the manifold out and soaking in cleaner right now... no pcv valve anywhere in manifold
Old February 2nd, 2009, 7:54 PM
CF Active Member

Post a pic.
Every 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 I have seen has one. They did change to a captured fixed orfice around 05 but they still have a hose.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

If not the intake how about the valve covers, its most likly on the top of the engine
Old March 10th, 2009, 5:11 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem on my 2005 tahoe z71. There is a hose but no valve! I came to silverado side because of similarity and on ather sides no one seems to know, just guessing.
Old April 17th, 2009, 1:41 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I changed mine on my truck a few days ago. Mine was hidden inside the hose on the valve cover.

The weird thing was the old one had no one way valve inside and the new one did, I dbbl checked the part # and everything. Has anyone seen this before?
Old April 19th, 2009, 6:09 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well in my short time of experience, i have always found that tracing the many pipes in the engine bay lead to something other than dead ends. unless your like my buddy who bought a truck with half the vacuum lines just plugged and the owner wondered why it idled funny and just was retarded... anyhooo... trace the hoses. look where they go. check everything. my a$$ is still sore from ripping apart teh top end of a 98 k2500 to replace the intake gaskets. and i know theres two hoses. one is from pcv system to valve cover. other is from this lil vacuum thingy to the pass. side of the top plenum of the intake. let me tell ya if you replace those intakes, dont sit on the hood latch for extended periods of time and then the oily intake sit on your leg as your wearing decent shorts. i have a pattern on my shorts of it. oh and do what im doing. i know some people say yey some say ney. oil catch can. i got first hand experience on seeing how much oil gets sucked through the pcv system and let me tell ya. i wish i took a pic of the intake innerds because right where the pcv system enters, in this intake was a wet puddle of oil/gas and blegh material. i blew out the pcv pipe... oily substance. im puttin a catch can in there and kicking out the pcv valve. heh. ill mail you mine its brand new i dont want it hahaha.
Old April 19th, 2009, 10:44 PM
CF Beginner

I recently changed my PCV on my 2000 Silverado 5.3L. If your facing the engine it was on the right valve cover way to the back. There was a aprox. 1" hose coming from the intake that you just pull off the valve cover and the PCV was right on the end.

Hope this helps...
Old April 20th, 2009, 7:28 AM
CF Junior Member

sorry for such a late closeing on this. i did indeed find the pcv valve, it was just so crustied and sluged up in there when i was tryin to pull it out it felt like it was part of the valve cover. it was on the driver side towards firewall. def needed replaced it was sluged open full time.

Quick Reply: wheres my pcv valve