Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Superchips cortex junk and waste of money

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2011, 3:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips cortex junk and waste of money

Its amazing how retailers sell you **** products that are not cheap and dont do anything at all ! I contacted superchips got support ticket and was told theres no program aval for my 2011 2500HD yet. If i knew this i would have not wasted my money with bs :Anybody have a new 11 silverado and a chip from somebody that actually works. Please let me know
Old April 19th, 2011, 11:19 AM
CF Junior Member

I empathize with your issue, but this does not justify the bad slanderous thread title. Superchips is not the culprit in this case. YOU should have done some due diligence and found out PRIOR to purchase who did or did NOT offer a unit for YOUR application. I have owned Superchips products on a few vehicles and I did my research and they have a great track record. The Vortex is a phenomenal unit and it is among the best on the market, give or take a few options. I don't mean to bust your ***** necessarily, I just can't stand people blaming someone else for their own mistakes.
Old April 19th, 2011, 8:59 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your truck was not listed as one it works on why did you buy it? Now if your truck was listed that was a completely different story.
Old April 24th, 2011, 1:25 PM
CF Beginner

The website i ordered the programmer listed that it works on my truck. I am not a moron when i buy products . Though i was a bit harsh on superchips but i was pissed . Take $300 bucks roll down your window on highway and toss it out and keep driving !
Old April 24th, 2011, 10:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by BMFTRUK
The website i ordered the programmer listed that it works on my truck. I am not a moron when i buy products . Though i was a bit harsh on superchips but i was pissed . Take $300 bucks roll down your window on highway and toss it out and keep driving !

Now that's a different story....WEW that sucks if the site said it would work then you have every right to be pissed. I would call the company you bought it from and demand your money back. If nothing else to bitch them out..
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Former Sponsor

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with this matter. We are working on 2011 support and hope to have it out soon.

All that being said our vendors should have not jumped the gun on this. If you will kindly PM me the name of the vendor and I will make sure the data is corrected so another person does not have the same experience.

Scott