Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Will installing a stereo effect your warranty?

Search this Thread

Old April 6th, 2012, 9:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will installing a stereo effect your warranty?

Well the title says it all. I have a new/used truck with a 4 year warranty, I hate the stereo and have a complete system ready to put in, will this effect my warranty at all. Maybe if I had a shop do it instead of doing it myself it would help.

i don't want to have this installed and than down the road have a totaly unrelated problem where Chevy say's "you modified this truck so now your stuck".

Thanks
Old April 7th, 2012, 1:07 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you cut wires it might get a install kit
Old April 7th, 2012, 8:16 AM
Super Moderator

Well if you take it in with say a failed oil pump, and they tell you they can't fix it because of your radio, fight with em about it. They can not prove that radio made your oil pump go out, no way in hell that'd happen. The only way they can say they won't fix something mechanically is if they can prove that whatever mod you did to your truck is the reason that the specific part went out
Old April 7th, 2012, 8:17 AM
Super Moderator

Called the magnuson-moss warranty act...read up on it
Old April 7th, 2012, 10:18 PM
CF Senior Member

Yeah like if you lift it and something with tire brakes good luck but if fuel pump goes out should be fine
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Gixxerific,

Are you referring to the 98 K2500 7.4 listed in your profile? If not, what year and model is the vehicle?

Louis
GM Customer Service