Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

window motor and regulator

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2008, 6:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window motor and regulator

i got a 89 1500 silverado, and i already got the door panel off and dont know what to do next... any help>?
Old February 10th, 2008, 11:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: window motor and regulator

Well if your 89 is close to the same as a 2001 all you need to remove the plastic cover to view all the bolts. Loosen the bolts that clamp the window to the regulator, support the window with tape so it doesnt fall, I took my chances and just layed is sideways in the window groove. The window regulator has two rails with numberous bolts just remove any bolts that appear to hold the rails in place to the door frame, the forward rail has the motor attached to it so dissconnect the wire harness before removing the regulator the motor stays attached then remove the assembly from the large bottom hole in the door panel.

Reassembly is just a reverse motion just watch those cables, try to keep it spread as you reinstall it so the cable isnt bound up and comes off one of the rollers

I was clueless when I did mine and purchased just the motor do I had to disect the entire cable and regulator assembly and now it has a slight creaking sound from one of the cable rollers so I suggest buying the motor/regulator combo. Autozone offers a lifetime warranty.