Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Wiring diagram from gm wiring book What is I/P

Old November 17th, 2009, 10:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring diagram from gm wiring book What is I/P

I have found a wiring diagram for my truck, (95 K1500) for the interior light circuit. All the grounds come to a location G202 (Left I/P) where is this? (Page 4-96 of the GM Wiring diagram book)what does I/P stand for any input to this? All the other notes make sense just not this one. I have seen there are several people without interior lights and maybe this is one step towards finding the cause. What I have found so far is that I am not blowing fuses so its not power issue, it is confined to the courtesy lamps and is a ground problem in this circuit. Now If I can figure out or someone knows what I/P is and would let me know I could maybe work it back and let you know how it goes.

thanks for the input.
Shaun.
Old November 18th, 2009, 4:18 PM
CF Beginner

Why not pick up a ground at a different location? Any frame or body location should work. I've done it on tail lights, just use a self tapping shooter screw, screw it into the body or frame, a sta-kon fork or ring terminal to the screw and splice it in to the ground/ common wire.
Old November 18th, 2009, 5:35 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I\P = Instrument Panel
Old November 19th, 2009, 10:05 AM
CF Beginner

Shawnvw cool, I/P that simple? I was at interior panel, I_ _/Post, but instrument panel just was not there for me.

Sparks134 yup that's whatI'll do once I find which ground to what light or switch has given up.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

THanks
Shaun
Old November 20th, 2009, 9:09 PM
CF Beginner

check the groung wire under the carpet. it runs close to your heel. sometimes it breaks with time.ask me how i know.lol,lol
Old November 23rd, 2009, 9:56 AM
CF Beginner

That sounds good, I haven't found that one yet. Apparently grounds are every where, it's a matter of finding them all and figuring out which one is for what. Kind of reminds me of Lucas wiring, the phrase "Lucas means darkness" has great meaning.

Shaun