Site Feedback THIS SECTION IS FOR SITE RELATED ISSUES ONLY!! NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR ANYTHING RELATED TO FIXING AN AUTOMOBILE

ok...you asked for suggestions...

Search this Thread

Old June 22nd, 2009, 12:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post ok...you asked for suggestions...

i know im new here, but 3 of my other car forums use this exact same setup, and this place has more pop up ads then....well anything i can think of or anyplace i have ever been. maybe there is a setting im missing? or a way to get them to go away? its very frustration when im trying to read a response to a question, or look at someones pictures and i keep getting pop ads because my pointer touched a word...

anyways you asked, there is it...less ads!
Old June 22nd, 2009, 3:55 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

I can't do much about that except complain to a higher authority for you. Which I will do because I agree... its annoying.
The pop-ups you are referring to are flash-based. The best thing to do is to download Avant Browser. Its like a stripped-down version of IE in the respect that it only has the neccesary toolbars (viruscan toolbars run in the background), so it runs faster. Its also different in the respect that you can customize which sites your flash player is inactive on and also disables pop-ups. Its not the most user-friendly of browsers because you have to know how to retrieve the urls for your pop-up block list. Most are automatically there such as the "doubleclick.net"-based ads.
If you know what you are doing, definately use Avant.