Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

2006 chevy aveo electrical or something

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2015, 3:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2006 chevy aveo electrical or something

I just bought this car from the original owner the car has 93k. original miles on it but while I was driving one day I noticed that when you push the break the dash lights and the PRND lights all come on as well when I turned the car off I touched the break again and the same thing happened with the light but now there accompanied by the door dinger. I have checked all fuses I checked recalls there was on for the DRL has that replaced and it is still doing it.
What could be causing this problem ???
Old February 26th, 2015, 11:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hope this helps

Originally Posted by Sergio N Pamala Zavala
I just bought this car from the original owner the car has 93k. original miles on it but while I was driving one day I noticed that when you push the break the dash lights and the PRND lights all come on as well when I turned the car off I touched the break again and the same thing happened with the light but now there accompanied by the door dinger. I have checked all fuses I checked recalls there was on for the DRL has that replaced and it is still doing it.
What could be causing this problem ???
well it sounds like there is a short of some type. Is it related to the drl recall, possibly if it melted the harness. That is the reason for that recall the drl is or can possibly catch fire. It is new and still open. Go to the dealer they just released the letter last week saying the parts are available i just got my letter. If it heated up and melted and fused wires it is definately possible but not sure if that is your problem. There is definately a short some where and that is a good place to start cause it is free. I just got my letter from the dealer and taking to get done. After you get that im sure they will tell you if it caused any damage in there and they may help you out because of the recall. Good luck!