Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Back Up Camera

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2017, 9:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back Up Camera

I know they started the backup camera integration in the 2014 version of the Sonic, but my vehicle is a 2013.
Does anybody know of any possible upgrades in the MyLink to change a back up camera to the screen?
I would hate to have two different screens in my car all the time and I have hard enough time seeing already I would hate the tiny rear-view mirror camera.
Any suggestions?
Old March 8th, 2017, 9:39 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have the entertainment system / stereo ?

I would look for a wiring diagram / schematic . Or pull the stereo out and look for another input jack , for a camera .

I installed a EBay Chinese stereo in 2008 Chevy Silverado the work truck I drive . It had several inputs & outputs that the OEM stereo did not use . One was for a camera .

I ordered an inexpensive license plate camera , again from EBay . Ran the cable , tied it in to the stop lite circuit & ran the video cable . It works OK , but the camera is subject to glare , depending on the angle of the sun . May or may not be as much of an issue , if I had purchased a better / more expensive camera ?

But , no experience with factory / OEM camera / stereo .

God bless
Wyr