Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Dash Lights for Aveo

Search this Thread

Old November 22nd, 2009, 9:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If i go to a shop and tell them to do that will it be expensive?? Will a place like Michel Tire know how to fix it or should I go to an electrical place??
Old November 22nd, 2009, 9:05 AM
CF Beginner

Will this be expensive if i take it to a shop and ask them to do this??
Old November 23rd, 2009, 6:23 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

if they know where to look for the problem, most place will probably only charge an hour or 2 in labour. Like I said, All they have to do is find the splice, cut it out, and just solder all the wires together
Old February 20th, 2010, 5:50 PM
CF Beginner

Would anybody be able to point out where this is at under the hood and exactly what wires to play with? thanks
Old February 24th, 2010, 1:01 PM
CF Beginner

Can anybody help me wire up the area that needs to be fixed where the short is?
Old February 25th, 2010, 7:21 AM
CF Beginner

Changing the light bulbs wont work if the problem is a burnt out line. If you have multiple lights go out at the same time, as most of us have experienced, it is almost definitely a blown fuse or a burnt line. I did not try this repair myself but I believe the splice block is under the main fuse assembly in the engine compartment. It cost me $200 for a mechanic to find the bad connection and solder it together.

Please contact http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm and make a complaint about this problem. It is DEFINITELY a manufacturing defect. Keep your receipts in case we ever get a recall for this sorry state of affairs.
Old August 15th, 2010, 8:06 AM
CF Beginner

Default Aveo Dashboard Splice

You have made reference to a splice of brown and white to purple wires. I have been looking for them and I believe I have found them. In the underhood fuse box there is a white piece of plastic in the spot marked "OPEN". At the base of this are wires that match your description. I can see with a flashlight that the colors appear to be correct, but the white plastic itself will not come out of the housing enough to be sure and/or correct the problem if I am right.

Any advice on that? Am I on the right track?
Old March 10th, 2011, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default Gave up and went to shop

I finally gave up trying to separate the main plug connector to expose the bad connection. So, we took it to the local dealer and sure enough, it was the exact junction described here, right down to the wire number. $272 to get that done. This was a 2006 AVEO with 37K miles. And we did file a complaint here: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm

Last edited by warp9now; March 10th, 2011 at 2:53 PM. Reason: Add more
Old July 8th, 2011, 1:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default Here is how to fix it!!!

A friend of mine help me fix this issue and user shawnvw is correct you just need to cut the connector off and solder the wires together BUT into 3 different groups. Since we were able to find very little on the internet on how to fix this, here is a link to a site my buddy made about different cars that he has worked on, it tells you how to fix this issue pretty much word for word, and with a drawling to show you which wires need to be attached to each other. SIDE JOB: Chevy Aveo lights not working « Acura Integra Tips and DIY
Old July 18th, 2011, 12:27 AM
CF Junior Member

After going to the effort to buy a second opening, with no effect, I finally took the place of auto repair. They found that I had a brief electrical distribution box. They ended up rewiring it to another location.

Quick Reply: Dash Lights for Aveo