Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Door locks

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2013, 6:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door locks

Our 2010 Aveo has developed a problem with the electric door locks. They no longer work on the key fob. When we try to unlock the doors using the key fob, they unlock and then immediately re-lock themselves. When we try to lock them they do just the opposite. I thought that the battery in the fob might be getting weak so we have tried the other key. It does the same thing. When we try to lock the door with the fob and then open it, the alarm goes off until we unlock the already unlocked door with the key. Thankfully, the doors still work properly when we unlock or lock them manually with the key. Also, manually locking the drivers door using the inside button still locks all of the doors. The only thing that doesn't work is the key fobs. My guess is that the car's computer has forgotten something. If the answer is taking it back to the dealer, we will probably just put up with the inconvenience because they charge too much. Any suggestions??
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:26 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Dan Robertson,

I am sorry you are having this issue with your key fob. If you would like I can call your local dealerships to find the lowest diagnosis fee. Most dealership fees goes towards the cost of the repair. We can also look into other options as well. If you would like you can always send us a private message with your concern, name, address, VIN, mileage, and phone number if you choose the dealer route.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service