Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

I have had the fuel door cable changed 3 times in less than a year

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2012, 1:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have had the fuel door cable changed 3 times in less than a year

Is there a problem with the Aveo 2006 and the fuel door cable? Why do I have to keep changing it? Is there a recall for this part? I wish they would make things in metal and not plastic. I love my car but it's very annoying to have to change this part all the time. Thanks so much for your help. Have a nice day!

annamarie
Old June 19th, 2012, 11:54 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Is the dealership installing the cable? Is it being installed correctly? 3 times in less than a year seems excessive.
Old June 20th, 2012, 7:30 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> annamarie,

I'm sorry to hear you have been experiencing this issue. I would be happy to look up any possible recall information on your vehicle, if you provide the last 8-digits of your VIN (PM if you prefer).

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old June 24th, 2012, 11:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks for your reply

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> annamarie,

I'm sorry to hear you have been experiencing this issue. I would be happy to look up any possible recall information on your vehicle, if you provide the last 8-digits of your VIN (PM if you prefer).

Louis
GM Customer Service
No it's not the dealer intalling the part, but the person that has done it he is a certified mechanic and has worked as a supervisor at the Chevrolet. I realize my car is old considering the new cars in the market but I would like to know if there is any recall on this part. The next time I buy a car I will check before buying so I'm not upset and stuck with a car for years. Thanks for your help. Here is the info you asked me for. 6B672048, (you said the last 8 digit in the VIN#) thanks again for your help Louis.
Old June 25th, 2012, 7:41 AM
Official GM Rep

Thank you for providing the last 8-digits of your VIN. After researching your vehicle, I have found there are currently no open recalls or known issues regarding the fuel door cable on 2006 Aveo vehicles.

Please keep us posted of the results of the repair. If you have any questions in the future, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old June 26th, 2012, 11:56 PM
CF Beginner

Default Reply

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service

Thank you for providing the last 8-digits of your VIN. After researching your vehicle, I have found there are currently no open recalls or known issues regarding the fuel door cable on 2006 Aveo vehicles.

Please keep us posted of the results of the repair. If you have any questions in the future, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
The part was changed today 6-26-12. Findlay Auto a GM Dealership said they have had a lot of clients buying this part and changing it. So obviously there is a problem. He was told that if it breaks again to keep the receipt which he does. Do you know how does that work? Thanks so much.
Old June 27th, 2012, 7:50 AM
Official GM Rep

I assume it was a certified part, therefore under warranty. That may be why he stated to keep the receipt. I'm not positive though, I do not have any record of the repair at this time. You may want to double-check with the service advisor.

Louis
GM Customer Service