Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

no low beams, but brights work

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2013, 1:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no low beams, but brights work

Bought a 2008 Aveo last July. Since then I have personally replaced the head lights twice, and yes I know to not touch the glass bulb. So recently I was pulled over with a light out, I changed both even though the drivers side light was fine. I kept it just in case. Last night as I am driving home, my lights both wouldnt come back on after I stopped for gas. My brights work fine, break lights are ok, turn signals are ok as well. I first checked the fuse box in the drivers side panel, all fuses were checked and changed but still no low beam lights. I then went under the hood and checked the relays. I switched out the low beam with the power windows, still no lights but windows still work. I then replaced the two 10 amp fuses for left and right lamps, still no lights. So, problem remains. No low beams, but brights work fine.
Where do I go from here? I don't like going to a shop, I have had nothing but bad experiences with local shops and refuse to go to one unless I have exhausted all other options.