Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevrolet Car Models > Sonic (Aveo)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2010, 01:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default Thermostat housing

I have read many complaints about the thermostat housing on the Aveo. It happened to my wife about 3 weeks ago and her story no different from the rest. She was driving and suddenly she saw a cloud of smoke. She thought it was the car in front but it was the Aveo spraying anti-freeze on a hot engine.
I ordered the thermostat housing which came with the thermostat and gasket. Is there a certain way the thermostat has to be positioned. I don't see an indicator and I can't seem to find a Haynes book on Aveo's. Is there an AIR bleeder valve, Please help
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:27 PM
CF Beginner
2007 Chevrolet Aveo

Default metal housing

http://www.ehow.com/how_6124002_repl...hevy-aveo.html +call auto zone and ask,they will help.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Check the "help,help" thread in this section...
Old 05-29-2010, 03:13 PM
CF Beginner

Default Chevy Aveo Thermostat housing

I would like to inform everyone that has problems with there thermostat housing cracking or blowing out!! Auto Zone is now carrying a METAL part called a Water Outlet that replaces the plastic thermostat housing. It is only $37 dollar and works great. And it is two pieces so you are able to replace the thermostat if it goes bad. And my husband said it is alot easier to put on!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default I am with you wttk

I put the AutoZone metal thermostat on my car. Very happy with it but, they did not have it in stock and took three days to get one in. I did make my old one last, if you have a lot of miles, mine went out at 127K miles, I would see about ordering one and just take the 20 mins and do it as preventative maintenance.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:51 PM

Tags
10, autozone, aveo, change, chevy, complaints, housing, metal, outlet, photo, replace, sale, thermostat, therostat, water