Spark Originally known as the Beat, , this Daewoo Matiz based 5 door hatchback is newest to the Chevrolet lineup

Chevrolet Spark

Misfiring problem Chev Spark 2005

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2012, 4:22 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfiring problem Chev Spark 2005

Good day!

I have a Chevrolet Spark 2005 model. For the last 2 years I'm having a misfiring problem which at first comes and goes, and then later on worsens and stays. This causes my car to lose power, trouble starting the car and sometimes I can't start it at all and if I do I cannot get anywhere, because it just cuts out.

I took it in the first time,they couldn't find anything wrong, but cleaned the spark plugs and from what I c an remember I think they checked the fuel filters as well. The problem then went away for about 3 months and then came back again. I then noticed the problem worsened especially on a hot day, but if it worsens it stays! I took it back to GM and they then changed the coil. Again the problem went away for about 4 months and then came again.

I took it back again, and they then changed the Spark plugs and spark plug leads. This was done in August. Well the problem came back last week (4 December). It is the same problem, and I'm quite fed up of no one finding the problem, or saying they cannot find anything wrong.

Is there anything else we can check, because what I don't understand is the fact that it goes away for few months after they worked on the car, is there anything they maybe clean during the service which helps the problem to go away for some time?

Thanks*
Old December 13th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum...

It sounds to me that over time a connection is becoming weak or being lost.
You might try reseating many of the items mentioned above... do you live in a humid or damp environment? if so the use of a di-electric gel to the spark-plug boots may help prevent moisture from penetrating.
Also loose or poor electrical connections... check the battery cables for a proper fit, make sure the connections are clean...
Old December 15th, 2012, 4:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think the problem is arriving with the battery connections just check it up there as the same problem occured with me and it was just related to my spark battery