Suspension & Tire Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Got sleek low-pros or gnarly mudders? Step in and let's talk about 'em!

Part # Cross Reference

Old January 29th, 2011, 4:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Part # Cross Reference

Hi Everybody...I have a 57 Chevy Apache that we are restoring. I bought the truck from an old man who had put a Camaro front clip in but cannot remember what year it was from. I need to change bushings, ball joints..etc but don't know what year it is....

On the A Arm, there is a number "K16B9R" stamped in...I have tried a few GM part sites and get no joy when I put this # in the search.

Anybody know a site where I can reference this number or how to determine what year the clip is??

Any ideas welcomed.........Thanks.....
Old January 30th, 2011, 8:28 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take a picture of the a-arms, then look at camaro replacement part websites for the same ones, also you should be able to take the balljoints off and have the #'s taken off them, or the sizes to figure out what ones you need, hope this helps
Old January 31st, 2011, 3:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2wd-K5
take a picture of the a-arms, then look at camaro replacement part websites for the same ones, also you should be able to take the balljoints off and have the #'s taken off them, or the sizes to figure out what ones you need, hope this helps
Thanks for the reply Bro..........I'll try that....