Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

02 suburban AC

Search this Thread

Old June 26th, 2016, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 suburban AC

So I replaced my AC compressor accumulator and orphace tube along with all the new o rings. After taking apart I blew the system out with cleaner and then compressed air and put all back together. I then took to a shop to vacuum and charge the system the truck started to cool and then started making a straining noise like maybe something was in one of the lines clogging the line? Not allowing AC to work..... I am lost in what to do next to get my AC working in this hot FL summer weather for the family. This is the second compressor I have put on from auto zone and I don't know if it's a bad compressor again or if there is a clogged line the guy at the shop said it was in the low line going into the firewall..... Is there maybe anything that could be clogged in there? If so can I blow it out and clean the line? Any advise in this situation I am having?
Old June 30th, 2016, 12:17 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I then took to a shop to vacuum and charge the system the truck started to cool and then started making a straining noise

If the vacuum was done @ close to 30 inches of vacuum, there is no restriction, my guess that two bad compressors is not a good sign. JMHO, good luck
David g.