Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe:radio volume full

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2011, 2:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2007 tahoe:radio volume full

Hi,I have a 2007 Tahoe LT.I bought the car used and the volume as soon as I turn on the radio is stuck at full.I can see the volume display working but the volume is stuck at full.I took it to a technician he checked all the wirings,everything is ok.When he connects to a Tech 2...it says that there is no communication between the radio and the amp.plz help.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 3:35 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

hrq318 Welcome to the forum...
Had you checked out the radio before and it worked or is this a surprise find...
It could be a bad radio or amp or it could be something simple...
I would first try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and see if it resets itself...if not it might be time to pull the center console and try re-seating some of the connections....
Old November 2nd, 2011, 3:47 PM
CF Beginner

I bought the car like this.I tried everything,disconnected the battery,changed the radio,changed the amp,checked the wiring but couldnt find anything.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 4:07 PM
Administrator

Hummm do you have the steering wheel controls, perhaps they are the culprit?
Old November 2nd, 2011, 4:49 PM
CF Beginner

yes I do have steering wheel controls,what do you suggest I do?If I change the amp,does it need programming???
Old November 2nd, 2011, 4:55 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by hrq318
I change the amp,does it need programming???
Well that was going to be one of my other suggestions but when you said you took it to a tech with a tech2 programmer I assumed you had already been to the dealer and programming was tried....
but yes it is very possible the whole issue could be a programming refresh related...
Old November 2nd, 2011, 5:00 PM
CF Beginner

I did not take the used amp i got from a salvaged tahoe to the tech 2 guy,i just plugged it in and the volume was the same.I will take it to the tech2 programmer tomorrow...
what do u suggest for the steering control?
Old November 2nd, 2011, 5:34 PM
Administrator

I only suggested the steering wheel controls as a possible point of troubleshooting... I'd explore the programming path first...
Old November 2nd, 2011, 5:56 PM
CF Beginner

thanx for ur help man...i will surely check it out and let u know tomorrow...u really have been a big help...
take care...
Old November 3rd, 2011, 9:15 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Hrq318,
Let us know how it goes after you take it back. Did you purchase some sort of warranty with the vehicle? If you would like to send me your VIN number and name I can also check with some of my sources and see if they have any information on it.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe:radio volume full