Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'03 Tahoe LS or LH?

Old April 28th, 2016, 4:02 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 Tahoe LS or LH?

How can I determine whether my '03 Tahoe is an LS or LH or if no letters? I am trying to figure out which steering gear and pump to buy. I have found 5 different types. Mine is a three bolt gear box. I don't know the difference between a three bolt and a four bolt gear box. The off road PKG probably has stronger valves which needs a stronger pump. I don't need that. I want just a stock replacement. I also need to find out what power steering pump I have. I know it is not the off road PKG. Anyone have good or bad experience with a Re-man ACDelco gear box and pumps? Or because the pump is leaking and I thought I might just replace the seals. Any thoughts on the pump?

Thanks Kelly
Old April 29th, 2016, 8:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 506 Likes on 466 Posts

replace the p/s pump with a unit that has the reservoir included. the units in which you transfer the reservoir are a pita and will leak if done wrong.

usually for the gearbox, you must check how its master splined to the pitman arm.... 3spline or 4 spline

Search this Thread