Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

03 Tahoe P1516 w/Reduced Engine Power, HELP!

Old September 24th, 2012, 10:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Tahoe P1516 w/Reduced Engine Power, HELP!

Ok, I am getting one code, p1516. The tech says the scan tool shows no communication issues between APP/TB/TAC. He said even when duplicating the reduced engine power no issues exist, yet I still get the reduced engine power. He replaced the TAC (bolted to firewall), and that didn't correct it. It only happens in the morning. I start it, I get about 3 miles and it sets. Then I restart 7 or so times, and it goes away. Then engine light will even cut off, and it will be good the rest of the day. I assume this is because the data sets are tested when the temp goes from 40deg to ??, (read that on a TSB). Anyway, he wants to replace the APP/and TB. Is that going to fix anything? I feel like I'm throwing money at it, hoping it will fix it. The truck is in great shape, and runs like a dream (minus the fact it does this!). Any suggestions are appreciated.

By the way, I advised the mech of the G103 on the passenger side, behind the block, but he said that is not the problem. He claims he bypassed the ground by routing the new TAC ground elsewhere. I see where he did ground the TAC somewhere else, but I thought the G103 was coming from something other than the TAC. I am at a loss for ideas.