Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

04 tahoe drivers side blows hot every thing else cold

Old June 21st, 2009, 7:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 tahoe drivers side blows hot every thing else cold

Hello new to forum appreciate all help possible. Now to problem 2005 Chevy Tahoe. While driving, A/C on drivers side will start blowing heat while everything else (passenger side and rear air) blows air just fine. Most of the time just simply turning vehicle off and restarting fixes problem but here recently happening more and more frequently. Tahoe has duel climate control manual not the digital display. I have been told either computer need reprogrammed or blend door actuator motor needs replaced if blend door actuator needs replaced where is it and is there more to it than plug and play. thank you for your help

Last edited by relewis47; June 21st, 2009 at 7:44 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 4:53 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I think it was shawnvw addressed this same same issue a few months back and it was a blend door , do a few forum searches and I think he may have had a schematic in the response
Old June 22nd, 2009, 4:58 PM
Administrator

here are a couple of links

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sho...ighlight=blows

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sho...ighlight=blows

I did a forum advance search for A/C blows under Tahoe
Old June 22nd, 2009, 8:16 PM
CF Beginner

thank you I will take a look seems like a pretty common problem with the hoes
Old June 22nd, 2009, 8:19 PM
CF Beginner

thank you for the extra help pro but those post didn't really answer what i was exactly looking for any help is greatly appreciated.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 9:53 AM
CF Beginner

Default Hot air drivers side

I recently replaced a battery in my 05 tahoe and now I have the same problem. Hot on the driver's side and normal operation on passenger side and in back. The local dealer said this morning that the blend door actuator probably needed replaced. The service manager said that the actuators get week and when you cut power to the car, they close the blend doors completely. When you power up the car again, they do not have the power to open the doors. I find it hard to believe that cutting the power to the car makes these items fail completely. I too would like to know where this is located. I have found the actuator part online and am pretty handy. I checked the two links by in2pro, but that does not help me. Anyone have a diagram of where the actuators are located? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 9:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default Blend door actuator crapped out

I took off the black plastic cover on the passenger side under the glove box. There are three 7mm bolts that need to be removed. The third one is over the transmission hump and it takes allot of time to get it out. I used a long 1/4 socket and then turned it out with my fingers the rest of the way. Took about 30 minutes for the one screw. The actuator is right above the tranmission hump. It has two 6mm bolts holding it up. I unplugged it and took it off. You can then turn the blend door with your fingers. I started the car up and turn the blend door to the opposite side and I had cool air back on the driver's side. I guess the actuator is bad. I took it apart. It has a small electric motor inside that must have crapped out. I will be getting the replacement part from the dealer or online - whoever has the best price.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 9:29 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Good work!
Old June 23rd, 2009, 9:34 PM
Administrator

snap a few pictures if you can of the process and the parts and post
that could be a great "how to"