Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

05 burb suspension compressor not turning on??

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2011, 9:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 burb suspension compressor not turning on??

I have an 05 burb that I am trying diagnose why the ride control compressor is not turning on. I had to replace a sensor on the pass rear tire that got tore up from a blow out one day, and with it being tore up the compressor would come on all the time. I replaced the sensor and now it will not come on at all - I even hooked up my 4K lbs boat and it just sank down and never pumped up. I have taken the compressor out, and bench tested it and it will run when I jump power to it. It has a 7 pin connector and the center lead and bottom left on the compressor end will start it right up. When I check the connector attached to the car the center pin does not ever get power, but the schematic shows that to be the Bat (red) wire.?? I checked the RTD fuse, and the IGN and Block1 fuse, and all are good. I heard there was a relay somewhere on the firewall that could possibly be out causing power to not make it to the harness plug - does anyone know where this relay is??

Thanks,
Brian