Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07' & Clarion headunit troubles

Old June 4th, 2007, 8:25 AM
Sct
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07' & Clarion headunit troubles

Vehicle: 2007 Tahoe, w/bose and rear flip down
HU: Clarion max675vd
Other options: Clarion's CCA673 ipod control, Sirius SirCL3
Adapters used: PAC OS-3Bose, PAC Swi-x steering wheel interface, PAC gmrvd
(speak up if there are better adapters to use)

I've got quite a bit of experience with car audio installations, although, nothing quite this involved as far as adapters and factory hurdles to overcome with the lanbus in this Tahoe. I took my time this weekend with all the wiring, and everything went smoothly. But, nevertheless, I have run across a few problems.

First, I read a bulletin on the PAC site that they are having problems with the OS-3Bose plug, and they suggested bypassing the adapter for the power/ground and data wires, and wiring them direct to the factory wire. No problem, done.

Second, the swi-x is a real pain. I have had to reprogram it a couple times already this weekend. I know once my wife starts driving "her" Tahoe, she is going to flip if the steering wheel controls don't work. I plan on calling PAC on Monday to discuss the programming for this adapter.

Finally, and the big one. When I start the car, the Clarion unit comes on for about 10 seconds, shuts itself off for about 3 seconds, then turns itself back on. Any ideas? In addition, when I put the car in reverse, the unit shuts itself off and back on again. I thought the reverse shutoff may have to do with the backup camera capabilities, even though we don't have a camera installed. Oh yeah, my wife just informed me the blinkers are now silent. They work fine, they just don't have the tick...tick.....tick sound.

I'm ready to put the stock stereo back in, hopefully someone has some solutions. Thanks for the help[/align]