Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 4th, 2015, 6:27 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

07 oil pressure sensor/switch location

Old January 21st, 2015, 8:46 AM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Didn't have any problem with lines in way,just the heat shield. Probably varies with vehicle.When I removed the little screen filter and held it to light it was partially blocked. Cleaned it with brake cleaner and was clear then.
Old October 10th, 2016, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trill68 You Knocked It Out The Park bro! Thanks This Was Very Useful! Good stuff!
Old May 26th, 2018, 4:25 AM
CF Beginner

Default Oil pressure sensor

Originally Posted by thrill68
After following this thread, finally mustered up enough courage to attempt the procedure on 2007 Suburban 5.3L.

After two hours, dropped a switch, dropped the socket, a few of choice words and with a bit of luck, I got the new switch in.

No more dancing oil gauge, DIC doesn't tell me to STOP ENGINE, V8 to V4 fuel management feature works again and Check Engine Light went off!

I found it easier to put rachet assembly on in stages; I put the socket/uni joint/ext together and was able to put that on the switch, then added 2nd ext and finally the articulating rachet.

When I disconnected the wired plug, it's rubber seal stayed in the bad switch, I had to take it out of the switch and put it on the plug before plugging it into the new switch.

After all was said and done, the ordeal was worthwhile as I saved over $300; I might feel differently had I not been able to find and retrieve the dropped switch and socket!

Took the following photos to try to help others who are considering the task,

1) Heat shield on 07's have no bolts. Just lift and wiggle out.
Attachment 10973

2) 07's have another heat shield at the back of the engine.
Attachment 10974

3) Switch is barely visible through a hole at the bottom of the heat shield.
Attachment 10975

4) Photo of switch behind the heat shield.
Attachment 10976

5) Position of socket/universal joint/extension/extension/rachet.
Attachment 10977

6) Photo of socket on switch.
Attachment 10978

Good luck to those who will give this a try.
Hi, I am new to the forum; Hopefully, I can get some advice on this website.
I need to replace the oil pressure sensor on my avalanche. Yesterday, I spent about 3 hours and couldn't get the sensor out. I ended up cutting some of the heat shield located in front of sensor to have better access; Although I still don't have enough room to.reach the sensor, now I can reach it better but can't remove the connector that plugs into the sensor. Picture #4 shows full access to the sensor. How were you able to have much room like that? How did you moved the heat shield.
Old August 20th, 2018, 9:01 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mvillani
Hello all. I just replaced the oil pressure sensor on my wife's 2006 Yukon (5.3 engine). I was able to replace with only removing the plastic intake cover and the air intake (from air cleaner to throttle body). This required loosening three 5/16 screws (one on intake cover and two clamps on air intake) and four screws (air cleaner cover). These were removed to ensure they weren't cracked as I laid across engine to reach back of engine on the drivers side (right side) to remove the sensor. Location is directly under firewall before back of engine meets the transmission. I used a 3/4" drive, two 6" 3/4" extensions, ¾” swivel, and a Autozone Oil pressure sensor socket #25254 to remove the sensor. I will try and add pictures for location and to show what I removed. Took 15min max and corrected the issue with the oil pressure guage jumping around and chiming. Hopefully this will help
Pictures as promised:
Plastic intake cover removed (one 5/16 bolt):<O></O>
<O></O>
Air intake (from air cleaner to throttle body - two 5/16 clamp screws and 4 air cleaner screws:<O></O>

Oil sensor socket from Autozone:<O></O>

Driver, extensions, swivel, and socket:<O></O>

Location of sensor when laying on top of engine towards windshield:<O></O>

Another view:<O></O>
the odd part here is your vehicle does not have the sound or heat shield that sits exactly where you inserted the socket thru an issue i encountered doing mine.
Old August 20th, 2018, 9:23 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
Engine Mechanical - 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L and 6.2L

Service Information
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - 2WD | Avalanche, Escalade, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon (VIN C/K) Service Manual | Document ID: 1698844
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Engine Oil Pressure Sensor and/or Switch Replacement
Tools Required
J 41712 Oil Pressure Switch Socket

Removal Procedure

Remove the intake manifold. Refer to Intake Manifold Replacement .
Disconnect the engine harness electrical connector (1) from the oil pressure sensor.

If not equipped with active fuel management perform the following step, using J 41712 or equivalent, remove the oil pressure sensor (706) and washer (707).

If equipped with active fuel management perform the following step, using J 41712 or equivalent, remove the oil pressure sensor (706) and washer (707).
Installation Procedure

Apply sealant to the threads of the NEW oil pressure sensor. Refer to Adhesives, Fluids, Lubricants, and Sealers .
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in the Preface section.

If equipped with active fuel management perform the following step, using J 41712 or equivalent. Install the oil pressure sensor (706) and washer (707).
Tighten
Tighten the sensor to 35 N·m (26 lb ft).

If not equipped with active fuel management, perform the following step, using J 41712 or equivalent. Install the oil pressure sensor (706) and washer (707).

Connect the engine harness electrical connector (1) to the oil pressure sensor.
Tighten
Tighten the sensor to 35 N·m (26 lb ft).

Install the intake manifold. Refer to Intake Manifold Replacement .
© 2011 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.
any advice as to what sealant is needed? Did mine this past weekend and truck is now leaking oil. Also is the heat shield needed or can it be cut away or removed?
Old April 13th, 2019, 10:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read this threat last night and completed the installation this morning. Literally took me about 1 hour to do and that was me going super slow. Thanks for posting this. The oil sensor socket is definitely needed. SO make sure you get one before you start.

Also, remember that after you get the sensor out that there is a filter in there as well. You will need to fish it out with a hanger or a screw ( I used a screw). The filter costs 5.00 at advanced auto. Its worth replacing that too as well because I only want to replace this one.

I called Midas and inquired about how much it would cost for them to do it and they said $396 plus tax. Luckily I had already did it, I just wanted to see how much I saved.
Old October 9th, 2020, 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you get the oil sensor filter out?
Old October 10th, 2020, 9:44 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dlingner
How do you get the oil sensor filter out?
I did a write up on it here:
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...247-fix-88432/

I've put 50k on the Suburban since then and no "Low Oil Pressure" warning. If you replace the filter, do oil & filter changes at the required intervals and use synthetic or at least synthetic blend oil, the issue will likely not recur.

Last edited by JPTL; October 10th, 2020 at 9:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
dlingner (October 10th, 2020)