Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe AC Fan Blower noise, shake, vibration while on Highest Setting?

Old March 27th, 2008, 10:16 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe AC Fan Blower noise, shake, vibration while on Highest Setting?

I have my Tahoe going into service tomorrow for a non related issue, but I would like to discuss this issue with them and have a little knowledge of what the issue may be before i take it in and get the "we cant find anything" answer.I searched the forum for over an hour and didnt see much.

I am on my Second 2007 Tahoe, this one has had a lot of issues compared to the first one.

Since I bought this tahoe with 15k the the issue has been there. Only on the highest ac/heat fan setting does this occur. When i put it on the highest setting I get a vibration and a rumble sound. I can feel it on the floorboard, and on the brake and gas pedals. While moving through the settings the air output sound increases (which is normal), once I get to the highest setting the air volume increases but I get a humming sound, and a vibration. It is very annoying.

This occurance is spuratic, and the degree of noise and vibration varies. It might be really noticable one time, and then not noticable the next time. I dont know if that has something to do with the temperature, or how long the vehicle has been running.

My fiance' even asked me when we first got it why the gas pedal was shaking. She doesnt notice shi* so I know the problem exists. I too mentioned this to my dealer when I got it and they said they couldnt find the issue. So i assume when they were looking at it that it was minimal, or they just avoided the issue.

It is bad enough that I never have the fan on the highest setting, the cabin noise is already great with the wind noise I am getting and when you add the humming sound it is too much to listen too.

By the way, I love the my Tahoe, and Tahoe in general. But I have to say this one doesnt seem to be half the vehicle my first one was. I am almost to the point of getting rid of it and trying to find another one!

Any advice or similar experiences would be appreciated.
Old March 27th, 2008, 11:01 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 07 Tahoe AC Fan Blower noise, shake, vibration while on Highest Setting?

Sounds like the HVAC fan is out of balance, have the dealer replace the motor/fan unit, this should do the trick.
Old March 27th, 2008, 12:22 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 07 Tahoe AC Fan Blower noise, shake, vibration while on Highest Setting?

Thanks again.
Old March 27th, 2008, 8:18 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

biglg, with so many problems with your current Tahoe....may just be the handwriting on the wall.
Old March 28th, 2008, 8:32 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So far his issues are very minor annoyances that would never pose a reliability problem.