Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe AUX Jack & iPod

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2007, 7:43 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe AUX Jack & iPod

I purchased a cable to connect and play an iPod thru the radio in my 07 Tahoe. Without reducing the volume level on the radio before connecting the iPod I was disappointed that the volume was considerably lower when playing the iPod. I increased the volume level of the iPod but there was only a slight increase. Is there a setting I am missing or is this typical? Could it be the cable? The cable was purchased from Best Buy and was advertised as being used for playing an iPod thru an automobile radio. TIA
Old November 17th, 2007, 9:39 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Default RE: 07 Tahoe AUX Jack & iPod

the cable should be a 3.5mm to 3.5mm if your coming from the headphone side of the ipod. Also check the eq setting on the ipod itself, maybe your on a lower eq setting. Also again try the volume limiting setting on the ipod as well.
Old November 17th, 2007, 10:08 PM
CF Active Member

I got that same cord from best buy and I think I know what you are talking about with the low volume. I dont think it has anything to do with the cord but more theipod settings. When I connect the ipod and the head unit ithe volume is usuallypretty low so I have to turn the volume up on the ipod all the way. Also, I have picked out an equilizer setting on the ipod that works pretty well with the car stereo. Basically with all that added into the equation my car stereo sounds just fine when its playing my ipod.
Old November 17th, 2007, 11:13 PM
CF Active Member

make sure you turn off the sound check. This alone should help considerably with the volume level
Old November 18th, 2007, 1:25 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: txguykev
I dont think it has anything to do with the cord but more theipod settings. When I connect the ipod and the head unit ithe volume is usuallypretty low so I have to turn the volume up on the ipod all the way. Also, I have picked out an equilizer setting on the ipod that works pretty well with the car stereo. Basically with all that added into the equation my car stereo sounds just fine when its playing my ipod.
+1 that works for me as well
Old November 18th, 2007, 11:55 AM
CF Active Member

You radio EQ settings change by switching into AUX mode also. It may be flat lined.
Old November 18th, 2007, 7:07 PM
CF Beginner

I had the same problem and tried the the rear AUX port one day rather than the one beside the CD slot. It's louder than the 3.5 jack IMHO and I think it's a lot cleaner looking. I've been using it ever since. You can get the cable for it about anywhere.. Radio Shack or Best Buy.
Old November 18th, 2007, 8:44 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Non Nav radios give you the ability to set the Equalizer for each type of input. You can set an FM, AM, XM, CD and Aux setting. Be sure to check the setting for AUX.