Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Tahoe & Suburban
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Welcome to Chevrolet forum!
Welcome to Chevrolet forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 04:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default 07 Tahoe, Replacing U-Joints

Judging by the squeaking when driving at a very low speed, I believe its time for new U-Joints. I replaced them on my pick-up before I got the Tahoe, and they were filled with epoxy. These look the same, as I can see little nipple of epoxy sticking out of the joint. It was almost impossible for me to get them out on my pickup and had to take the shaft to a shop with oxy/acetylene torch to heat the jpint, and it made the epoxy oooze right out. However I do have a shop press now, and am wondering if I can just use my Mapp Gas and the press? Another question would be is there any seals or anything that needs to be replaced on the transfer case where the driveshaft splines slide in? On my pick up, it came right out no fluid loss, etc etc... Thanks for the help!
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 12-13-2011, 09:28 AM
CF Senior Member

does it make noise when going over bumps at low speeds - from the rear end? if so take it into the dealer and they will fix it for free under the 5year 100k drivetrain warranty. I had mine fixed about a year ago
it is a known issue with the 2007 models trucks(all models) they will replace with another unit and lube up the driveshaft splines
Old 12-13-2011, 09:28 AM

Tags
07, 2007, chevy, cost, epoxy, front, joint, noise, replace, replacing, suburban, tahoe, ujoint, ujoints, universal