Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Tahoe & Suburban
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2013, 11:11 AM
CF Senior Member

Default 07 and up PCV Valve

Pardon me if this has been discussed already. I searched and came up empty. But on the 07 and up 5.3's is there a pcv valve? And is it necessary to change it if it is only an orifice type? I can't even find a part number for it. Some sites suggested cleaning it out if it only an orifice and putting it back??
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 12-08-2013, 01:41 PM
CF Active Member

If I'm not mistaken the PCV valve is built into the driver's side valve cover, so the entire valve cover must be replaced to replace the PCV valve. The part number I have for the left valve cover for an 07 Tahoe is 12570427, last checked it cost $87.35 (GMPartsdirect). I got that part number confirmed from GMpartsdirect.com for my 07 Tahoe. Oh and that part number supposedly includes a new valve cover gasket.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:00 PM
CF Senior Member

thanks for that info. figured it was something silly since i couldn't find anything on it
Old 12-09-2013, 06:34 PM
CF Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreck91 View Post
thanks for that info. figured it was something silly since i couldn't find anything on it
You're welcome!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Administrator
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

Here is a picture of the PCV hose, you can see where it routes to....
Attached Thumbnails
07 and up PCV Valve-pcv-hose-07-jpg  
Old 12-09-2013, 09:00 PM
CF Senior Member

So being that it's almost $100. Do you think it's worth the preventative maintenance? How would you know if it were bad?
Old 12-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Administrator

My feeling is if you change the oil regularly and don't have excessive blow-by, the PCV shouldn't require maintenance. But that's just me.
2010 Sheer Silver Tahoe LTZ (all options but sunroof, power boards), GM (body color flaps, rear console, 3rd row mat, 2-Way Remote, chrome gas door, Esky rack), Eagle Eye LED tails, SLP dual tip exhaust, Silver bow-ties/rear wiper, Catch-All mats, AlphaTherm washer fluid heater, Putco chrome mirror covers, silver calipers, board chrome trim, tint, GMPP Major Guard

2007 Black Tahoe LTZ (Sold),
(GM flaps-$15, Lund Step Tubes-$80-For Sale)
Old 12-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Administrator
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

Are you seeing any oil consumption issues, rough idle, those are items that could be related to the PVC.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:59 PM
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typerod View Post
If I'm not mistaken the PCV valve is built into the driver's side valve cover, so the entire valve cover must be replaced to replace the PCV valve. The part number I have for the left valve cover for an 07 Tahoe is 12570427, last checked it cost $87.35 (GMPartsdirect). I got that part number confirmed from GMpartsdirect.com for my 07 Tahoe. Oh and that part number supposedly includes a new valve cover gasket.

Careful with GM parts direct, they dont always have the right #'s. They gave me the wrong numbers for the front left wheel well. It really confused the parts guy at the Chevy dealer closest to me. I was giving him one number while he was getting an entirely different one from the GM data base. I mentioned GMpartsdirect he simply said "Oh thats why, GM has nothing to do with and is not affiliated in any way with GM Parts Direct. They are a separate company." I found that to be quite interesting...
That had many extra aftermarket features! (thanks to 1st owner who only put 15,000 on it!) Had extra stuffed seats, factory looking dual exhaust (nice tone to it), very nice wood trim (not fake trim from dealer), extra dark tinted windows (including drivers).

Current:
2007 LTZ Suburban 4X4 (put to shame by the 2002) Nothing special, just the regular LTZ package, just missing the 6.0L, other than that opted out.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:11 AM
Administrator
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

Rock Auto is also a good place to check for both price and part number, often times Rock Auto will have pictures of the said part...as a third check, check Amazon... I have found the best prices between Amazon and Rock Auto, if you are a Prime Member the shipping is two days free...

Amazon valve cover
Old 12-10-2013, 06:11 AM