Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

09 Navigation Issue - Wide Spread?

Search this Thread

Old June 10th, 2009, 7:21 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 09 Navigation Issue - Wide Spread?

LONG, LONG story super short:

when you say a voice command for a destination of a stored name tag in my 2009 Tahoe it will work 100x + in a row... if you shut off the truck, (open driver door to kill radio). restart truck (or just turn key to acc) it will NOT work 100x in a row.

if the truck sits overnight, or while I'm at work; it 'resets' then will work 20+ times in a row.

After litterally 2 WEEKS at the dealer and MANY calls to GM support they tested 3 other 09s on the lot.... they all do the same thing (according to the dealer, I didn't test it)...

This is something that should work 100% of the time. If you drive to the local market or adult entertainment areas (for contrast lol) then say 'Navigation Go To My House'... it should work... but it doesn't.

If you have an 09 with Sat Nav, can you please help me out by testing your vehicle? I find it odd that 3-4 of the 09s on a single lot could all be doing this exact thing.

Just try your voice for a stored destination, then shut off the truck / open door, then try it again... in any case, it should work, and not just spout 'Navigation Help' like a retarded monkey!

thanks guys! (and gals)
Old June 10th, 2009, 3:38 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

you may be on to something man. There is probably a software issue with ALL of these things. Which is why the 3 or 4 on the lot did the same thing. I'm willing to bet that a software update will be released in a few months
Old June 11th, 2009, 10:25 AM
CF Addict

Default c'mon

no one else has a 09 and 30 seconds to test this? c'mon guys!!! please?
Old June 12th, 2009, 7:39 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

I agree w/ Shawn. Might try another dealer w/ some '09s.
Old June 12th, 2009, 10:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
no one else has a 09 and 30 seconds to test this? c'mon guys!!! please?
I will next weekend.
Old June 16th, 2009, 7:28 AM
CF Addict

Default Nav Issue

Ok, so if 3 on the lot are doing this, and no one in the chevy forum universe has the ability to test this...

should I ask the dealer for $ off? free inspections for life? some free oil changes?

Should I contact GM, who has sent me 100,000 letters thanking me for my purchase, and let them know how 'happy' I am with the product?
Old June 16th, 2009, 5:17 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
Ok, so if 3 on the lot are doing this, and no one in the chevy forum universe has the ability to test this...

should I ask the dealer for $ off? free inspections for life? some free oil changes?

Should I contact GM, who has sent me 100,000 letters thanking me for my purchase, and let them know how 'happy' I am with the product?

HAHAHA.....you're funny.

If people got money back or free stuff because something breaks down on their vehicle, GM would have been broke years ago
Old June 17th, 2009, 7:30 AM
CF Addict

Default Broke

I dont think you understand, its not something that broke, it's something that never worked.

they sold me a vehicle that doesn't work with no way to fix it.

I'm going to call GM today and see what happens...
Old June 17th, 2009, 9:16 AM
CF Addict

well, after 20+ min on the phone with some very nice and helpful people, I should get a all back from the district manager within 24 hrs... so I thought i'd go out to my truck and make sure this issue is still an issue.... I tried it 20 times, opening the car door to kill the radio each time.

it worked 100%.

so if it keeps working 100% for the next 24 hrs, I will consider it no longer an issue!

I was so shocked that it worked, I Couldn't be happy!
Old June 18th, 2009, 7:10 AM
CF Addict

Well, guess what; **** don't work again.... didn't last night or today. WTF?! AQRHAKFJDLSAKFJOIWHJFI I HATE CHEVY! I should have bought an X5!

Quick Reply: 09 Navigation Issue - Wide Spread?