Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

09 Tahoe LS

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2016, 3:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Tahoe LS

Ok let me start from beginning because it's not making any sense at all.
Started my Tahoe up to leave store and noticed my door chime didn't sound, radio displayed work but no sound, turned on blinkers no sound so when I got home I checked fuses Inwhich all was good but went ahead and put new one in and I got all my sounds back. But when I went to start it it would start up then die done this several times finally got to run and it was a rough idle service light came on took to Auto Zone scanned it showed the purge valve so replaced that went to start again it started but was worse than before and all of a sudden on the cluster panel it shows loss of motor power, traction control limited and some other stuff. What should I start with now? Any suggestions?
Thanks open to suggestions
Old April 29th, 2016, 10:10 PM
CF Veteran

need the codes for a starting point, I'm assuming the purge solenoid was leaking which means you had a vacuum leak that could have thrown off other settings and codes.
Old April 29th, 2016, 10:53 PM
CF Beginner

I didn't ask for print out on code he said he had the part to fix it so I bought it. But after changing it it was worse than before so I have removed it put old one back on and waiting for engine light to come back on. With old one you can actually drive it without cluster panel going crazy. Taking Monday to get scanned by a buddy that has a more in depth scanner and go from there.
Old April 30th, 2016, 8:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

reduced engine power messages are usually set when there are faults with the drive by wire throttle system. the abs, stability, traction systems are disabled when these faults occur. the dtc will give you a starting point for diagnosis.