Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'10 suburban 1500 acceleration issue

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2014, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '10 suburban 1500 acceleration issue

The problem happened to me once before and I thought it was floor mat that got stuck under my acceleration pedal but it was actually abrupt acceleration in traffic at the traffic light. Barely avoided an accident! It was a year ago. Last Saturday 11/15 my son was pulling out from McDonalds parking lot and it jammed again! Avoiding hitting car in front he went in to the tree and damaged the car. I've read on this forum that I'm not the only one that this happened to. I called GM customer service and didn't get much out of them. Makes me upset. My son got lucky this time but who knows what can happen next time.
If anybody had this problem happened to them please let me know since GM people saying that there's no recall issued.
I want to know if it happened to more people than just me so GM start paying attention. Need advice before contacting an attorney.
Old November 17th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
Have you already had it into your local dealerships service department to have them look at it?
Could be a bad accelerator position sensor or throttle position sensor...some of those items are covered under the power train warranty.
Can't go shaking a stick at them if you haven't given them the chance to look at it first....
Old November 17th, 2014, 11:58 AM
CF Beginner

Nobody shaking stick at no one. Like it says in my post I am looking for an advice before I'd do anything. It's just that the answer I got from GM customer service was that they are not aware of this issue and I've read on this forum that actually bunch of people have had that problem happened to them. No way I would believe that they are not aware of the problem. Thanks
Old November 17th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I would get it into the Dealership service department and have them look at it, they should be able to perform a few diagnostics to check the throttle by wire system out...
If Chevrolet Customer Service has already told you there are no open issues for this , you may likely be responsible for the diagnostics fee, however if they find something and it is covered under warranty it should cost you nothing...

Have you had any check engine lights come on? or had any reduced engine power messages? most often when the throttle by wire system has a fault it will default to a limp or safe mode reducing the vehicles ability to go more then 25 mph and the vehicle will respond sluggishly...

Please do follow up on what you find...
Old November 18th, 2014, 6:13 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Let us know if we can look further into your case, Geshaneverov. We agree with in2pro that the next step should be visiting your local Chevrolet dealership for further inspection. If you still have questions after your service visit we will gladly work to address any concerns you have. Just send us a private message with your full name, VIN and contact information and we'd be happy to help.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 23rd, 2014, 12:14 AM
CF Senior Member

Make sure that your foot is not making contact with booth the cad and brake at the same time. In other words that the right foot did not just partially slide off the gas onto the brake.