Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

15 Tahoe Round Two

Search this Thread

Old June 28th, 2015, 8:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15 Tahoe Round Two

After spending a total of almost 5 weeks at the dealership for various sensor issues and finally changing the steering position sensor about 2 months ago, it is time to go back for more repairs. On our last trip the roof started rattling and I believe has become separated from the bows. Also the driver's seat is popping when negotiating curves. The lane change warning sensors on the mirrors work intermittently. What else can go wrong? Seems this car has all the issues that the new Tahoe is becoming infamous for.
Old June 29th, 2015, 6:47 AM
CF Senior Member

How long have you had her? Mileage?
Old June 29th, 2015, 8:22 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by blueinterceptor
How long have you had her? Mileage?
LEMON LAW IT NOW!!!!!! Get them to replace with different one NOW while you can, 5 Weeks? That's incredible !! With no end in sight of even more problems. Start the process NOW. Be ready for a battle as Chevy don't take kindly when called out on their crappy SUV's that cost $$$$$$$$$$. Good luck.
Old June 29th, 2015, 8:32 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default wow

Start the Lemon process.

Seriously, document, document, document, get a lawyer. Don't be nice, don't say it will get better. Document every thing now and get a lawyer.

When my 09 Tahoe was in the shop DOZENS of times... I got nothing. Zip Zero Zilch.
Better car makers will give you a free loaner of equivalent or better.
Old August 18th, 2015, 8:46 PM
CF Beginner

Definitely keep battling with them to get you a new one. I know it is a headache and at times you feel like you are getting no where but I just went through this with a '15 Suburban that was filled with mold and mildew due to an intake not being sealed on the firewall from factory. The dealership was a nightmare to deal with a were not helpful at all. The quicker you get the case rolling with Chevy corporation the better. I called almost daily for 6 months before it was finally taken care of but in the end a new Suburban is sitting in my driveway and I transfered VINs on my loan so no additional money was exchanged in the process. That was a battle as well but don't back down and get lawyers involved if needed. There is no excuse for them not replacing lemon vehicles for the price they now cost. If I can help by walking you through what I had to do let me know.
Good Luck,
Tuck