Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1990 suburban front heater blower motor not working

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2009, 3:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 suburban front heater blower motor not working

Hi, i could use a little help. My front heater blower motor isn't working. I replaced my cd player and was very careful not to cut or damage any extra wires...

But now my blower motor isn't working. I checked the fuse and its good. I checked what I think is the blower motor resistor and it has 12v. I'm not sure what else i should check, is there a relay that could have went out or second resistor? Do I need to get to the blower motor itself to make sure it has power? Is there anything else I can check?

I ordered a manual but it won't be here for a few days. Its kind of cold out and I could use all the help I can get right now. I also don't know the best way to get to all the parts I should probably be checking...

Thanks.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 5:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it possible that you disconnected a wire that didnt get reconnected, or spliced a wire and the heater wire isnt making good connection?

Your CD player wiring would be the first place I would look as to why its not working, my guess if you study t hat carefully you will find the answer.