Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1990 suburban power window regulator / motors ?

Search this Thread

Old April 14th, 2014, 6:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 suburban power window regulator / motors ?

hello all - im Brian down in south FL.
i recently picked up a fantastic 1990 chevy suburban - been loving it so far but my power windows are pretty worn out. the driver side front is dead stuck up - pasanger front seems to work alright but slow ish... driver rear goes down 1/4 way and grinds after that ( somehow it still goes back up tho ) and the pasanger rear side motor overheats and thermal shuts off half way down or up.

on line ive been able to find plenty of front right and left window regulators with motors - and ive also seen that some stores list just the replacment power window motors as universal - working in all 4 doors left right front back.
is this true ?
and does the same hold true to the regulators for them ?

so far ive ordered a front driver side window regulator with motor ($80)
and i still need to find a rear driver side window regulator with motor
and id like to replace the two pasanger side motors / and attempt to keep the existing regulators if they are still usable.

ive found nothing at all about rear door window regulators for my truck - are they the same as the front doors ? or are they unique to the rear doors ?

thank you in advance for any imput you can provide to help get me going on my parts hunt for my 90 suburban - id rather enjoy the weather croozing with the windows down
Attached Thumbnails 1990 suburban power window regulator / motors ?-168.jpg   1990 suburban power window regulator / motors ?-150.jpg   1990 suburban power window regulator / motors ?-167.jpg