Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1997 2 Door Tahoe Problem

Search this Thread

Old April 9th, 2009, 9:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the dome lights and the two map lights.
Old April 11th, 2009, 8:39 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check fuse #3 i think that is it for the lights
Old April 11th, 2009, 11:44 PM
CF Beginner

Angry

Alright a update today i put front rotors and pads on today and it solved my brake vibration issue. and spent 4 hours working on the lights. This are the things i have checked i checked the dome override switch button, and i checked the door jam switch on all doors but yet still no light! When i press the dome override button with the ignition on i hear a click coming from under the dash but i couldn't find the exact location, so i am only guessing that it is either a relay or the interior light control module. but i have no idea where the interior light control module is! so if there is a tech that has had this same problem can you please help. Also where can i find a wiring diagram i dont have access to alldata anymore.
Old April 12th, 2009, 4:48 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Be sure you break in your new brake pads correctly.
Old April 12th, 2009, 4:54 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would assume you checked the fuses.
Old April 12th, 2009, 11:10 PM
CF Beginner

Talking

After 6 plus hours of looking at wiring diagrams, checking wires, checking switches, and beating my head to the wall i have figured it out. There is a white connector behind the kick panel the when i wiggled it the lights flicker on and off so i pulled the connector apart and it is filled with corrosion!! So after a trip to the dealer tomorrow for a connector with pig tail it will be fixed. So i hope this helps someone with the same problem because it is one of those phantom problems that makes you want to drive your Tahoe into the biggest and deepest mud hole and leave it there! I have read on several forums of people with the same problem of flickering dome lights or no dome lights so it is a relief to bring some knowledge to the table. One problem down and i can move down the list to the next project.
Old December 4th, 2012, 6:27 AM
CF Beginner

Hey guys.. New to the forum.. Just got my 2 door 'hoe.. Once I got it.. I did all the seal changes and fixed all the leaks. Also did a brake job.. And that's when my problem starts. I have tried everything but still can't get the pulsating out of my brake pedal. This typically happens if I apply brakes at high speeds.. Need advice on this..
Just to name few things I did.. Changed master cylinder, bled the brakes, skimmed the discs, tried rear brake calibration..