Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1997 Tahoe 4 door window switch question

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2010, 7:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1997 Tahoe 4 door window switch question

In the Chiltons manual on 12-76 there is a schematic of the right rear window switch. I am having trouble diagnosing the issue I am having. The window will roll up but not down. The switch and motor both test good. ( I switched both to the left side plugins) Is the purple and dark green the connections to the front switch? It seems that the purple wire is for the down from the drivers switch. There are two dark green wires on the plug at the RR. Should one have +-12v constant supply with the ign switch on? Then the other would be the "up" from the drivers switch? Does the connection from the drivers switch have to be functioning for the window to go up and down? Can the window lock have anything to do with this since the window still rolls up? ( I don't think so)

Wow so much wiring, so little time......
kyle
Old November 20th, 2010, 2:15 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Its possible the window lock could be affecting it but it could also be the drivers control switch affecting it, might want to clean and check the drivers switch for that window...
Old November 21st, 2010, 10:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had every door apart in the last few days, so I'm thinking wiring. I am presuming the window lock has no way to affect one window in the rear without affecting the other. It seems that way on the schematic. Unless the wire is broken to the pass rear window. I will keep testing and eventually it will be made clear.
Kyle